Popularity

Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Dream Come True

“Wow,” I said, “I’m likin’ that!”

Everyone in the room started to laugh. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment at their unexpected reaction. This sort of situation tended to happen to me a lot. Something would come to mind, and I’d find myself saying it aloud.

Tom glanced over at me and smiled his perfect smile. His green eyes sparkled at me, deep emerald pools that captured my very soul. I was, of course, talking about him. He looked away and proceeded to take his seat. I buried my face in a book, but I could still able to feel the pointed stares of my classmates.

After what seemed like an eternity, the bell rang and I fled from the classroom. I all but ran to my locker. I leaned my head against the cool metal. I was probably just paranoid, but it felt like everyone’s eyes watched me. I jerked my locker open and grabbed my books. I slammed door shut and started running to my car. Instead, I ran straight into Tom. We fell to the ground in a jumble of arms, legs, and books.

If I was embarrassed before, now I was completely humiliated. I felt like a tomato. I scrambled to gather my books from the ground. I went to grab my notebook and found Tom’s hand over mine. I froze. Tom picked up the rest of my books and helped me to my feet.

“Are you okay?” he asked. His voice laced with concern.

I couldn’t talk. My mouth gapped open like a loser. I nodded dumbly.

He smiled at me. My heart began pounding loud. I was certain he could hear it. I reached to take my books from him but he shook his head. His arm slid until it draped around my shoulder. Surely I would fall dead on the spot.

I stood there like a fool waiting for him to leave. I still hadn’t managed to say anything. I just wanted to go home and cry. I plucked up my courage and mumbled a small, “Thanks.” I moved to open my car, but he placed his hand on the door preventing my escape.

Suddenly he was real close to me, his face mere inches from my own. He placed his hands on my waist, adequately preventing me from collapsing dead on the spot. His head moved till it was right next to her ear.

BEAP, BEAP, BEAP! BEAP, BEAP, BEAP! My eyes shot open and I found myself in the darkness of my room. The time on my alarm clock read 6:00. I groaned and stuff my head under my pillow. Time to wake up for another day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment